CMS Integration - Questionnaire
Please respond to each of these questions in detail and refer to your documentation regarding each of these points:
Flexible and Robust API:
Does your CMS offer a well-documented API?
Which endpoints are available to allow full and flexible integration with a CMS?
- Can your API support extracting all web components (text, images, media, etc.) for translation and importing translated content back into the CMS?
- Are all translatable components of the web pages, including slugs and metadata, retrievable via the API?
Content Structure and Formats:
- Can your CMS export and import the translatable content in structured file formats like JSON, XML, YAML, and HTML?
- Can your CMS handle nested and complex structures within these file formats?
- Does your CMS support creating separate directories or branches for each language or locale, allowing for better organization and management of translated content?
Translated Slugs and URL Management:
- Does your CMS have the capability to manage translated slugs and URLs, enabling translated pages to have language-specific URLs that are SEO-friendly and easy to navigate?
- Does your CMS have built-in support for managing multiple languages, locales, and regional settings?
- Is it plugin-based?
- Can your CMS create, edit, and manage language versions of the content and UI elements?
Version Control and Change Management:
- Does your CMS offer version control and change management features that enable seamless tracking of content changes during the localization process?
User Management and Access Control:
- Does your CMS provide user management and access control features to ensure that only authorized users can access and modify content?
- Does your CMS support localization-friendly templates, allowing for the easy adaptation of designs and layouts to accommodate translated content and different language requirements?
- Does your CMS include a built-in language switcher that allows users to quickly switch between different language versions of the website or application?
Metadata and Alt Text Localization:
- Does your CMS support the localization of metadata, such as page titles, descriptions, and keywords, as well as the alt text for images and other media elements?
- Does your CMS have its own translation framework, such as the ones provided by Adobe Experience Manager and Drupal, to simplify the internationalization process and eliminate some of the unknowns of trying to self-manage and customize web internationalization from the ground up?
- Are you willing to engage in a detailed discovery process to ascertain internationalization and localization requirements for our specific enterprise use case, considering that CMSs are highly configurable and use case-sensitive?