In the workflow steps of translating in BWX, the reviewer can select and define a reason to justify the changes made to the translator's work. These categories can be customized. In this article, we will cover the details of this configuration process.
When creating an account on BWX, various pre-set configurations will be inherited by your account in order to allow you to start using our platform with very little additional configuration. One of the inherited settings BWX will start with is the standard Review Categories.
To know more about them, please visit our article on Translation changes categories in BWX.
To better understand how this categorization reflects on the work and where to find this content after the job's completion, please visit our article Quality Module.
Customizing your categories
In Settings, and then in My Account, you will find a collapsed field regarding enabling custom categories.
By expanding this field you will be able to see:
When enabling custom review categories, the platform will allow the user to insert customized categories. When disabled, it will display the system's standard categories.
1. Add new custom review categories: a field to create your custom categories
- Name: insert the name of the new category
- Description: insert the description of that new category
2. Active Review Categories: displays the currently active categories, with a label indicating they are derived from the system.
3. Use custom review categories only: allows the user to choose to use the custom categories only, disabling the system's standard ones.
You can create as many new categories as necessary. You need to fill in the name and description and save the content.
After saving, the new category will appear right below the standard system ones.
By hoovering the mouse through the information icon (ⓘ), the description will be displayed:
The custom category also have an edit icon, to allow users to edit, correct, or even delete them.
When editing an already existing custom category the following fields will be displayed:
1. It is possible to change its name and description. After any change, remember to save.
2. It is possible to delete this custom category.
3. After saving any changes, close the edit mode.
The new categories will be displayed right below the standard ones in the Editor to be used by linguists.
If you choose to make only the custom ones available, you can toggle on the corresponding setting, and system categories will be hidden.
Applying custom review categories
After creating your custom review categories, they will be displayed in the editor for reviewers use.
They must be applied and used in the same way as the system standard ones.
The custom categories will also appear properly in the Quality Dashboard, Review and Reports.
If any questions were not answered in this article, please don't hesitate to contact our support team at email@example.com.