This article will guide you on how to use the Document Preview feature in BWX
BWX has an in-editor preview enabling translators to see their work in progress. This function allows you to preview how translated material will appear in the target file without having to download it each time.
BWX have four different types of Preview:
BWX will make a best attempt to accommodate the file format in the proper preview, but you can select it manually if necessary. Please keep in mind that, while BWX supports a wide range of file formats, not all of them are compatible with the preview. Which file extensions are supported in the preview may be found here.
BWX Docs Preview
Let's take a closer look at the Preview structure and functionality.
1. Hide preview: It is possible to hide the preview at any time you need. To reopen it, you will find the eye button right beside the Editor's Menu.
2. Open in new window: Some users find it more pleasant to work with screens side-by-side, this can be done by detaching the preview window from the Editor.
3. Fullscreen: Opens the Preview in fullscreen mode inside the Editor.
4. Expand/Reduce: You can expand the preview screen and reduce it back to its original size.
5. File content: Is the proper preview field. It will display the file content with the source for not yet translated segments, or with the translated text, as the linguist gets its work done.
6. File name: Displays the file name.
7. Reload preview: It's a refresh button. The preview is not reloaded automatically. The user have to manually click on the Reload preview button to update the file content in the preview window.
⚠️ It is important to note that, while BWX Preview is meant to correctly operate on the majority of common file extensions, it is composed of third-party software that might have constraints outside of our influence, resulting in the preview not showing the content properly. BWX is continually working on upgrades and incorporating new features.
If any questions were not answered in this article, please don't hesitate to contact our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org.