Bureau Works allows users to add new terms for specific Glossaries, including several contextual meta-information that works as translation guidelines.
It also provides a revision workflow, to guarantee that all the information associated to a term provided is correct and accurate. Thus, each new term will go through a process of inspection and approval, before it actually becomes part of a Glossary.
If you need to start moving a recently placed term creation request through the approval workflow, select the "T" (Terminology) icon at the left hand side menu. Then Choose "Approval Workflows" at the top menu and you will see the following:
At that point, you can use the search for the term request you want using the options at the top of the page. You can also filter by status on the leftmost panel:
- Requested - The term creation was requested but not approved yet.
- In Progress - The creation of the term was accepted and the translations are in progress, i.e. not all of them got published to the Glossaries yet
- Closed - All the translations of the term were approved and published to the Glossarries.
Once you select the term you need, its meta-information will appear at the top portion of the center panel. The list of translatios for every language pair will show up right below the meta-information.
Approving Submission of a Term
To accept the creation request of a new term, a Language Manager, or other authorised role, has to click the button "ACTIONS" at the top-right of the term (at the center panel) and select "Accept Requests" as per the image below.
It is worth noting that, after accepting the creation request its status goes from "Requested" to "In Progress".
Note: To find out how to place a new term creation request, read this article.
Getting Translations Reviewed
After the creation request of a term was approved, the next step is to start working on its translations. At the center panel, right below the term meta-information, the translations to all target glossaries' languages are displayed (see image below).
Translators can include new translations on any target language set in their profile, and submit them for review. Every translation will have to go through the following life cycle in order to get published to a glossary:
- Requested - no suggested translation has been inserted yet
- New - a new translation has been added by a Translator
- Pending Review - a Translator requested approval for a given translation
- Approved - translation approved by a Reviewer
- Rejected - translation rejected by a Reviewer
- Published - translation published to the target Glossaries
The transitions to each of the status above are done by clicking on the "SUBMIT" button, at the bottom right corner or the target language box:
Important: Notice that not all the status transitions are available/visible to all users, thus the options at the dropbox menu may vary according to the user role. In summary, the actions allowed per user role are:
- Translators - can move from New to Pending
- Reviewers - can Approve/Reject and also move from New to Pending
- Only Admins can actually publish translations to target glossaries.
For a more comprehensive explanation of the roles and permission, please read this article.
Translations Review Changes
Bureau Works all provides visibility of the review changes for all translations of a term. When you click on a translation for a given language, it will show up at the right hand side panel. See image below: