As described in the article New Term Approval Workflow, Bureau Works provides a well defined workflow for managing the addition of new terms and their translations to client's Glossaries. Diagram below depicts the states a term translation has to go through until getting published to the target glossaries:
That workflow also implies a clear separation of responsibilities through very well defined user roles. In this article, we will explain the permissions and responsibilities of each role in more details.
User Roles and Permissions
Below are described the user roles and corresponding permissions each of them has in the term approval workflow.
- Content Creator (TERM_CONTENT_CREATOR) - this user is only allowed to request the creation of new terms, under the option "Add Term" in the Terminology menu.
- Term Translator (TERM_TRANSLATOR) - is allowed to submit translation suggestions for language pairs (from New > Pending Review)
- Term Reviewer (TERM_REVIEWER) - is able to see the language pairs they have setup on their profile, along with the suggested translations provided by translators. For each of those translations they can:
- Move from New to Pending Review
- Approve or Reject (Pending > Approved | Rejected)
- Language Manager (TERM_LANGUAGE_MANAGER) - is able to:
- Approve requests of new term creation, or update requests for existing terms, submitted by Content Creators.
- Transition translations through the translation approval workflow (New > Pending > Approved | Rejected)
- Edit term metadata
- Term Admin (TERM_ADMIN) - is able to do everything a Language Manager does, plus:
- Submitting requests for the creation of new terms
- Publishing translations to target glossaries
- Edit term metadata
Granting User Roles
If you are an Admin on Bureau Works platform and need to grant a user with any of the Permissions/Roles described in previous section, you should:
- Select the Users option on the left side menu
- Use the search field to find the user you want
- Click the option “Role” on the horizontal menu
- At the field "Roles" select which Roles you want to associate to the user
- Hit the button "Update"
The image below shows the options: