If you're reading this, you have passed the language test and are ready to start working, congratulations! At Bureau, we believe in transparency and honesty, which are the building blocks for a successful working relationship. We value your work and your input.
These are some of the basic requirements our working relationship will be based on.
- Work as individual linguist – we do not work with other agencies
- Have your own CNPJ, if you are a Brazilian resident
- Have a corporate checking account under the same CNPJ, if you are a Brazilian resident
- Have a Payoneer or Paypal account, if you live outside Brazil
- Have access to high-speed internet
- Be familiar with CAT tools – all our projects are conducted in BWX Editor
- Accept and sign our Services Agreement. You will be asked to sign before you can start working for us
- Have the latest version of Google Chrome installed on your computer
- Have a pc that ensures reliable performance
- Make sure you’re comfortable working in a highly automated environment. Jobs will arrive in your dashboard and you are required to accept and deliver jobs electronically
- All projects must be conducted on BWX, unless otherwise requested by the PM
- You must complete the work in BWX, including the QA checks.
- If you accept a project, you commit to delivering it within the deadline. If you recurrently miss project deadlines and/or fail to pass our Quality Assessment, you may not be eligible for new jobs
- Payments are made based on the BWX's post-editing log file, which applies discounts for repetitions.
In order to better guard the quality you provide, we keep to the following principles:
- You can translate from 1 source language into your native (target) language.
- You become a member of our community after taking and passing a language test, after which you will be able to view and accept jobs based on availability. We can't guarantee the number or size of jobs in any given language pair.
- You should preferably live in the country where your native (target) language is spoken
- If you want to replace your current language pair with another, you will need to test for the new language pair. If you pass the test, the new language pair will replace the old one.