Our platform allows glossary set up in order to standardize industry-specific or internal terms for each one of our clients.
Setting up a glossary is also important to keep consistency accross different translations. Thus, glossaries are a strategic tool that helps us deliver better quality to you!
On top of that, glossaries should not be understood as static lists, but rather as a dynamic base that may (and should) be updated at your convenience.
Glossaries may be filled out by both our linguists and our clients:
- OUR LINGUISTS
- Conducting extensive research is part of a translator's job description, which means that every time a translator is assigned to a new project, they must search for content previously published by the client in the public domain to identify industry-specific or internal terms.
- Once the term is added to the glossary, it is made available to all translators that may be assigned to projects requested by that specific client in the future
- OUR CLIENTS
- We highly recommend that our clients share their industry-specific or internal terms (which may be provided to us before we actually kick-off our first project with them to make sure that terminology is spot-on right from the start)
- Our clients may simply send over their glossary base in Excel or Word format or alternatively, they may take advantage of our terminology management tool and fully own their terminology!
- If you would like to learn more about our terminology management tool, feel free to book time with us throgh this link or alternatively, please check minute 1:30 and beyond of the following vídeo.